Sunday, September 24, 2006

Racing stories?

"There are some things that money can't buy, for everything else, there's Mastercard"


Now this slogan/phrase/advertorial bullshit annoys me to the core whenever I hear it but I have to admit, I've been thinking a lot about the "There are some things that money can't buy" part ever since last night. You see...there are many things that money can't buy. One of them? Experience.


I was driving along Farquhar Road last night. It was my first time driving there in 18 weeks. I am so damn kao familiar with this road because I used to drive along this very road every day for 3 years when I was going to high school and a further 4 years plus being ferried by my parents when I didn't have my license. It was also the road I had to drive pass to get to the jetty, so that I could take a ferry to the mainland to find my dear.


So there I was, just minding my own business when I saw in my rearview mirror, this crazy nut weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds. He came to a stop right next to me at a traffic light(the one outside GLO). I was bored, so I wanted to have fun. The car I was drivng was a 1.5 Wira automatic which belonged to my father. His car was a new 1.6 Satria Neo manual. He had a more powerful and better handling car then I have. So on paper, it looked like I would have my ass kicked all over the place, but :-




weeeee... Posted by Picasa


When the traffic lights turned green, he was off. I was just a speck on his rearview mirror. The Wira was so bloody slow off the line. Also, the Wira was claimed to have a top speed of 190kph but with the kind of acceleration that it has and the time it took to reach that speed, I doubt that anyone would live long enough to drive and verify that claim.


At point 1:-just before the bend, the Satria had slowed down significantly. However I didn't bother slowing down.Entering the bend, I was just about a car's length away from him.


At point 2:-halfway through the bend, I was just exactly next to him as I didn't slow down that much. I already have the inside line for the following bend.


At point 3:-it was all full acceleration from point 2 to 3. I had overtaken him. And as I was already on full acceleration, I just sped on until I saw him turning off into a corner.


Final analysis:- I have just shoved his Satria Neo up a certain place of his that the sun don't shine on.


Yes, I know I was being an irresponsible and dangerous driver. Some would even call me a public nuisance but who cares? Have you ever had that feeling when you did something better than someone else? Especially when that someone else has better resources, knowledge and bla bla. For example, maybe you corrected a mistake made by a teacher? How did that feel?


Oh...and for the "there are some things money can't buy" thing...that's still bullshit. Money buys every thing...and I mean





EVERY



FUCKING



THING!!!

And whoever said that money can't buy happiness is probably the biggest asshole in the universe. Either that or he's never been poor before. Look asshole, if you have like a gazillion million dollars and you're still not happy maybe you should do us all a favour by kindly shutting the hell up. Telling us that your money can't buy happiness is just another way of asking for a ball-slashing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... maybe can become professional racer

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home