Monday, January 31, 2005

Of Chinese New Year and my relatives

It's that time of the year again...where all my aunties and uncles and cousins and people I don't even know start interrogating me....Yes! I hate it! I think it's sort of f**ked up that they want to compare me with their own offsprings...So why me? Cause I'm the eldest son of my family. My dad is the eldest in his family. And my mom is the eldest in her family. And this puts me in a position of importance(Nah..I'm just crapping)

Below are a few scenes which I have experienced during every New year...The answers in black is what I actually answered them and the answers in red are actually the answers that are in my mind

Aunty :- Ah Boy...lu balu tak hami chek liao? Wa eh kia ai cho lok kun liao.(What are you studying now? My son is about to be a doctor)
Me :- Oh...wa balu tak tua oak nia(I'm just studying in high school)
Cho lok kun ou kuan wa hami su(What has your son being a doctor got to do with me)

Aunty :- Ah Boy...Ou girlfriend liao boay?(Do you have a girlfriend yet?)
Me :- Errrrrr.....
Bo kuan lu eh su ma...kin...koay ka pek leh?(It has nothing to do with you...quick...serve the love letters)

Uncle :- Wahhh....chit pang tua chiak liao hoh? (Wahhh...You've grown big)
Me :- Hehe...Chiak chey ma(Hehe...Eating a lot)
Kong wa pui ma tiok bo? Lu eh kia masi si pek pui.(Calling me fat???Your son is just as fat)

Aunty :- Lai lai....hoh lu test wa eh cha bo kia eh chia(Come come...I let u test my daughter's car)[Peugeot 206cc]
Me :- Bey yau kin la aunty...pai seh pai seh(It's okay aunty...It's just not proper)
Cai lu eh cha bo kia ou 206.....ko ai tien meh?(I know your daughter has a 206...no need for showing off)

Errrmmmm...unfortunately I could only remember this much...It's 12am already la...Blur leh
Though I hate them for asking questions similiar to the above but I just get to see them only once a year...So i guess its better for me to shut up...stay cool and start receiving "ang paus"...
Anyway stay tune for part 2...We'll have to see what 2005 and the year of the cock(rooster...not THAT cock) has in stall for me....Till part 2...Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home